Conway Historical Society / Conway NH
     The Conway Historical Society is headquartered in the Eastman Lord House, circa 1818 residence of Conway mill owner, William Kimball Eastman. Seventeen rooms are open to the public furnished in periods from 1818 through 1945. Eastman Lord House Museum has recently been named to the National Register of Historic Places.
 The house is open from Memorial Day through Labor Day

Wednesdays 2-4 PM
Thursdays 6-8 PM


     Appointments may also be made during the months of
May, September, and October by calling (603) 447-5551.

Museum Admission
$3.00
/ $6.00 per family

Members and their guests are admitted free.
Admission charge is waived for all special
programs and events.
T
he CHS office located in the rear wing of the
Eastman Lord House is open year round by appointment.
Groups are welcome by advance arrangements.
Rates are available upon request.

 
Click Here for ordering information and availability of products in our Gift Shop.

Welcome
Relax and enjoy Conway History
from inside the Eastman Lord House Museum

The Lord kitchen as used in 1940's

Click Here... for biography of
Eben and Mary Daniels Lord
family resided in house from 1900-1962

Victorian Era (1890's) Parlor featuring early ceramics
and period Mt. Washington Valley Memorabilia


Schooling from home in the early 1800's


Musical Enjoyment and fun accompanies this
turn of the century organ



   Fireplace used by the Eastman family displayed in the CHS keeping room.The keeping room collection includes a settle bench seen in lower right. The bench is one of three built circa 1780 for the building in Lower Bartlett that later became the Pendexter Mansion.


Meeting room 2005

Join Us & Thank you, for investing in Conway's future.